I’ve adapted this recipe from Daniel Davey’s book “Eat up and Raise your game”. I have been having this for breakfast for the last 6 or 7 months, often with little twists to freshen it up but here I will go through the basics. This breakfast takes your ordinary breakfast cereal oats to the next level of nutrition with a balanced protein, fat, carbohydrate and fiber profile for just under 300 calories. A good spend that will keep you going right up until lunchtime with steady blood glucose levels.
This recipe serves 2 but I always double it to get 4 beautiful brekkies, all ready to go with minimal work. There is no cooking here, just assembling the ingredients together and leaving them to get to know each other overnight, ready to be devoured the next morning. It could not be simpler. Let’s go!
You will need:
- 50g, Porridge oats
- 1 scoop (31g), Chocolate Whey protein powder (I use this one from Optimum Nutrition)
- 200ml, Soya Milk Original (or milk of choice)
- 2 tbsp, Alpro Yoghurt Greek Style
- 50g, Frozen blueberries
- 1 tbsp, Chia seeds
- 20 Almonds, chopped
- 1 tsp, Peanut Butter
- Pinch of sea salt
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients together
- Mix well
- Pour mixture into an air tight container and place in the fridge overnight
- Next morning, measure out 200g into a breakfast bowl
- Top with more frozen berries or fruit of choice
In this demo video, I am making a double batch of this so the ingredients above are doubled. I also used a few different brands in the demo video e.g. almond milk instead of soya, Icelandic yoghurt instead of Alpro greek style but it all works. I hope you try it.