Halloumi is one of those overlooked food products that is having a bit of a revival right now in the food world. Mainly due to it’s ability to be barbequed or grilled, it has become popular as an easy vegetarian option. It also tastes great. It is generally a mix of cow, goat and sheep’s milk (although the exact blend here can vary by product) which results in a hard cheese that can be eaten hot or cold. It is verrry tasty.
This wrap can be eaten at any mealtime; breakfast (ok a bit weird), lunch or dinner and it will keep you full for hours.
Serves 1 and takes about 10 mins to pull it together.
- 1 brown wholemeal wrap
- Beetroot hummus
- Happy pear sun dried tomato pesto
- 1 orange pepper, sliced
- Handful of mixed green leaves
- 1-2 tbsps red cabbage sauerkraut
- 1-2 tbsps roasted buckwheat groats
- Flax seed oil
- 0.5 avocado
- 1 block of halloumi cheese
- Apply the pesto and hummus liberally to the wrap
- Add the salad leaves and dress lightly with the flax seed oil
- Add the chopped peppers, sauerkraut and buckwheat groats
- Add the slices of avocado
- Slice and grill the halloumi and add when lightly browned
- Wrap it all up tight and devour it!
Yours in health and happiness,