Satisfy your sweet tooth with real-food healthy swaps, like these chocolaty treats that have little to no sugar. They’re loaded with good-for-you fat that helps you feel full, making just one square more than enough!
They also make a healthier post-Valentines day dinner treat too.
- Coconut oil
- 100% cacao powder
- Peanut or almond butter (whichever you prefer)
- Optional extras…
- Protein powder (optional)
- Chocolate or cacao chips (optional)
- Unsweetened coconut flakes (optional)
- Raisins (optional)
- Walnuts (optional)
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
For this recipe, measurements will depend on how big your tray is, how thick you want the squares, and how many servings you want to make. Recommendations are provided in the instructions.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt about 1 tbsp of coconut oil until liquid.
- Add around 1 tbsp of cacao powder and stir until smooth.
- Add 1 scoop of protein powder if you want.
- Pour mixture into a shallow, freezer-safe container.
- Place in freezer for 5–10 minutes to harden. Make sure to place the container on a flat surface so that it freezes evenly.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt about 1 tsp of coconut oil until liquid.
- Add around 1 tbsp of nut butter. Add more as needed. Stir until smooth and consistent.
- Remove container from the freezer (make sure the base layer is frozen) and pour mixture on top.
- Add any optional toppings: chocolate chips, coconut flakes, raisins, walnuts, etc.
- Place in freezer for another 5–10 minutes.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 from the base layer above.
- Remove container from the freezer (make sure the middle and base layers are frozen) and pour mixture on top.
- Place finished product back in the freezer for 5–10 minutes.
- When you’re ready to serve, remove from freezer and let it thaw for a few minutes. Use a knife to cut up your squares and serve!
Warning: Eat soon after; squares will melt at room temperature.