This is a super hearty chili that is sure to warm the belly of even the biggest carnivores out there! This is great on its own or served with brown rice or naan bread for dipping.
Make a double batch and freeze some for those days when you just do not have the time to cook from scratch.
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tins (400g each) of chopped tomatoes
- 1 200g tube of tomato puree (double concentrated)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup kidney beans
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander, plus more for garnishing
- Toppings: chopped coriander, sliced avocado, tortilla chips, vegan cheese, the options are endless!
- In a large pot, sauté onions, peppers, garlic, celery, cucumber, and carrots in olive oil with salt and pepper. (If adding meat, include it now.)
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, black beans, and kidney beans. Add water or vegetable stock, if too thick.
- Let all ingredients simmer for 20 minutes.
- Enjoy with your favorite toppings.
Yours in health and happiness,