I love simple recipes with a few ingredients that when whipped together provide a tasty nourishing experience for our bodies. We are all busy people, we need simple nourishing food!
This is probably why I love smoothies so much and I tend to stick to simple combinations that work well together in the blend. Each week I get an organic veg box delivered to my house that is just full of nourishment. Kale nearly always features in the box so it’s now finding its way into my breakfast smoothies. Try this simple vegan kale smoothie first thing in the morning and take your time drinking it, just as if you were eating it.
Ingredients – Serves 1 (double or triple as required)
- 2/3 cup of non-dairy milk of your choice
- 1.5 cups of chopped kale leaves
- 1 stalk of celery, roughly chopped
- Half a granny smith or gala or other sweet type of apple, skin on
- 1 tbsp of ground flax or chia seeds
- 3/4 cup of ice or just water
- A dash of agave syrup (optional sweetness)
- Place the almond milk, kale, celery, apple, ground flax seed and ice into a blender.
- Blend until smooth. Taste and add agave nectar if you would like a sweeter smoothie. Serve.
Yours in health and happiness,