Ah ha chocolate I hear you shout – yes indeed it is chocolate but it is real chocolate in the form of cacao powder.
So this Sunday morning, I really wanted to get the kids off to a good start. Smoothies are my secret back door into my kid’s nutrition so whenever I feel they may be lacking in something, smoothies are my go-to as they are kid friendly and they all think the NutriBullet is the coolest thing we own. They are nearly right, the juicer is number one 🙂
You can use any blender or mixer to whizz this together so don’t let the lack of a fancy machine stop you making this.
Add the below to your blender and whizz until smooth.
- 2-3 bananas
- 1-2 tbsps of sunflower seeds
- 1-2 tbsps of chia seeds
- A handful of pecans or whatever nuts you have available
- A handful of spinach leaves
- Fill up the blender with half nondairy milk and half water
- 0.5 tbsp of cacao powder (organic if possible) – this is the choccy bomb! Cacao vs Cocoa – confused? Read below.
Divide up amongst your loved ones and watch it disappear.
Yours in health and happiness,