A lovely simple warming soup that is great as we start coming into the colder months. Serves 4-6 and cook time is about 40 minutes.
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 6 very large or about 8 medium carrots, peeled and chopped, about 3 cups
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups organic vegetable stock
- Bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pot, then add the onions, garlic, thyme and coriander and sauté till soft.
- Add the carrots, parsley, salt and pepper and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable stock, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for about 40 minutes until the carrots are tender.
- Remove from heat and cool, then puree till smooth.
- If the consistency is too thick, add more vegetable stock and puree.
- Adjust seasonings to taste, heat through and sprinkle with cilantro before serving.