Simple Broccoli Soup
A quick and easy soup with minimal ingredients to get you fed and nourished fast. Broccoli is a powerhouse of a vegetable and once you realise just how healthful this little green lookalike tree is, you will find more ways to bring it into your life – through soups, it’s great in juices or just eating it raw in salads.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- 2 good big heads of broccoli, about 900g, rinsed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1.5lt of organic vegetable stock, depending on how thick you want the soup
- Fresh chopped parsley, chives or dill
- In a large pot, add some water and sauté the onion and garlic till the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer till the broccoli is tender about 40 minutes.
- Check seasoning. Puree the soup and garnish with fresh parsley, chives or dill.